Wednesday, September 8, 2010

A time to mourn

I'm in mourning today. All of my fish died last night. And it is my fault. I began the process of changing the water yesterday, and forgot to turn off the spigot. So they were overwhelmed with chlorine, or whatever, and when I discovered it this morning, they were all floating on their sides, off to "the great pond in the sky."

It's not funny! So quit laughing, Bill & Mark. They have been in the family for 7 years! I have named them and fed them by hand. When they were in the fish tank, they would come to the side and blow bubbles at me when I approached. One had grown to just over 7 inches, and another almost 6!

And one was named Fred, I think. Named by Mylie. Sorry, Mylie.

So a moment of silence please,

While I mourn.

Dad and Granpa

3 comments:

Kulio said...

Oh that is so sad!!! I didn't know they were that big either. Wow 7 years! So they were kind of like pets and thus part of the family. The Cryderman Family.

A moment of silence, observed.

Heidi Lee said...

That is SO sad! I am sorry!

mrc-w said...

Aw, that is sad :( Sorry about your fish! I had a really big goldfish for several years. He ended up turning all white in his old age. Even though he was just a fish, I felt bad when he kicked the bucket!