Saturday, July 25, 2009

"Do You Love Me?


A Tribute to my Wife

Fifty years ago today, a beautiful lady walked down the aisle on the arm of her Dad, Marvin.  She was an incredible, wonderful lady who I had the grand fortune of taking to be my wife.  Now, four children and 14 grandchildren later, (of whom I am extremely proud!) we celebrate in the quiet of our family room.  (That is a great term, isn't it? "Family Room.")  Where would I be tonight without the steady love of this lady named Sharon?  She is one who is always content to stay in the shadows, faithfully supporting me and being the "wind beneath my wings."  She is the one who cleans up after me (and all of the grandkids!) and does it without complaint.  She is beautiful inside and out.  She loves Jesus and she loves me.
I went you tube tonight and listened to my favorite love song and sat here and cried.  Tevye sings to Golde,
"Do you love me?"  
"For twenty-five years (50 for me) I've washed your clothes
Cooked your meals, cleaned your house,
Given you children, milked the cow.
After "50" years, why talk about love right now?"
"But do you love me
It ends like this:
It doesn't change a thing, but after 50 years, It's nice to know.

It sure is.

4 comments:

Heidi Lee said...

Awww...put a lump in my throat.

I love that picture you put too.

Happy Anniversary!

I love you both!

Kulio said...

It's just the beginning!

I love that picture :-)

I love you!

Go watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-SAP8BFNkQ

Crydo said...

I love you guys!

Queen of Hearts said...

i love this post. and Grandpa, can you check your email? there's an important email there for you!
you said you sat there and cryed. to the song. and my word verification thing that you do after u comment, is TEAR sere.
kinda cool.
remember to check your email!!

i love u!

`Beth