Sunday, September 21, 2008

This past week


It was a busy week.  First I went out to wire brush and sand the outside door of the garage, but after looking at it I decided it needed to be replaced.  So I went and ordered one and it was delivered that afternoon.  In the meantime I took the old one out and cleaned up the opening.  When the new one came I discovered it was about a half inch taller than the old one.  So I had to tear out some wood and then it fit.  So after I shimmed it and caulked it, it worked perfectly!  For a non-carpenter, I felt pretty good about it.
Then I had a meeting with an insurance man in Portage, so I decided to take Mark and the "I" man out to eat at Red Robin.  Well, the "I" man ended up paying for it, so that was cool. Then Friday came and McKenna wanted us to come back over again to hear her play the tuba at the football game.  So back again.  (Let's see, three trips in 7 days at about 120 miles a trip, divided by 28 miles a gallon times $4 a gallon makes,...let's see, about $52!!!   I guess I'd better cool it with the driving.  But I did repair Mark's garage door opener, so when he sends me the check for that I'll be fine!
Church today...good...sang in the choir with Brent...then to Aaron's football game and now getting ready for bed.  Nite!  

2 comments:

Kulio said...

Wow, that sounds like a great weekend! I love the pic of you and mom too - good job on that door!

kool kenna said...

who is the "I" man? u?